When you call the Microsoft product activation support service, you must contact the operator and verbally report (dictate) your installation ID.
As the auto-informant (robot) questions, press the numbers on the keyboard:
- 2 (do not record, listen to the call)
- 1 (Win activation)
- 1 (activation Win 10)
- 2 (not updated to Win 10)
- 1 (there is a product activation key)
- 2 (continue)
- 2 (does not resolve your question)
Further, the auto-informant will provide a call transfer to the operator of the support service.
Answer his simple questions - get a confirmation code (CID) to activate Windows.
- Prepare the installation code (ID).
- Say you are activating Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 Professional, Enterprise, etc. after reinstallation on the same PC.
It is advisable, in order to avoid unnecessary questions, not to say that you are activating Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021, i.e. limit to general: "Windows 10 Enterprise"
- Briefly explain that you reinstalled Windows, such as due to a malfunction of the system.
- Don't say you replaced the motherboard or made any repairs or upgrades.
- Say, if you ask that "you" are a representative of the organization. That is, the product is activated and used on a work PC in an organization.
- Agree if you ask that you pass all the necessary information to your system administrator.